Worship: Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
- Check In – Did anything happen in your life in response to last weeks challenge?
- If you were having a joyful day, how would people know it? What would be the outward sign that would give it away?
- Tell about your last joy moment? What brought you joy and caused you to really celebrate life?
- What are some ways that we squelch a life of celebration and joy?
- Who is one person in your life who models this kind of joy?
- Read: Nehemiah 8:9-12
- God is a God of celebration. In our passage of scripture Nehemiah is told to plan a party to celebrate the rediscovery of the Word of God. In this instance grief and sadness were to be set aside for a time of joy. How does this make you feel?
- How does living in the joy of the Lord give you strength?
- Describe a time when circumstances brought you unexpected joy?
- What is one place in God’s creation that gives you a profound sense that God is a joyful God?
- What things rob you of your joy? What happens to us when we are joy deprived?
- What are some practical things we can do to seek joy on a more regular basis?
- Take time to pray for those group members that the joy of the Lord would be their strength.
- Pray against the joy robbers in people’s lives.
- Pray for any other concerns that your group has.
How can we bring the message of Jesus to people during this time?