The Door of Easter: What Jesus Opened on the Cross. Part 4: Hope (Small Group Curriculum)
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- Have you ever had a point when you were extremely disappointed?
- Read Matthew 27:45-46
- In this passage, the world has literally and figuratively become a dark place. What do you think is taking place at this moment?
- Jesus quotes Psalm 22:1, which is part of a Psalm of Lament. Why is lamenting in a book of praise?
- Read Psalm 22.
- It is amazing that Psalm 22 was written almost 600 years before Jesus’ death, yet it gives so many details of what took place on the cross. What stands out to you?
- Pastor John mentioned that a lament has three parts to it. It is directed at God. It expresses a complaint and last, it is grounded in hope, faith, and trust. How can we build an unwavering faith and trust in God, despite our circumstances?
- What do you need to apply from this teaching?
How can we hold on to hope during these “Covid” days? How can we show that hope to others?
Pray for any other concerns that your group has.
No comments yet.