Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- Have you ever done any archery or target shooting? If you did were you a good aim?
- Read: 2 Corinthians 5:9-10
- These verses say that our aim should be to “Please Him”. What do you think of when you hear that?
- In this scripture we are told that we will be accountable for the things that you did or didn’t do. Does this verse motivate or scare you? How can we be responsible about our actions without slipping into a performance-based faith?
- Read: Matthew 28:16-20, Matthew 22:37-40
- How can we “Love God and Live His mission and Love People and lead them to Follow”? What is key in becoming disciples who make disciples?
- Pastor John mentioned several reasons why we may struggle with discipleship like the influence of consumerism on the gospel, the difficulties of life, lack of competency, life pace and stress and the world’s influence. Do any affect you? Are there others that you can think of?
- What is an action step that you can take to move forward in the process of being a disciple who makes disciples?
As the fall begins what can we do to reach others with the message of Christ?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for any other requests you have.