Welcome: Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
- Everyone lives with disappointment. What is one disappointment you live with as you look back on your life?
- Soren Kierkegaard prayed “And now Lord, with your help I shall become myself.” In the moments you get a glimpse and vision of what God wants you to be, what do you see?
Word: Read Exodus 3:1-15
- How did Moses turn aside from his daily routine in this passage and how did this willingness to turn aside impact the rest of his life? How might Moses’ life and the history of Israel, have been different if he had not bothered to turn aside when God spoke?
- Describe a time when you slowed down and turned aside to see what God was doing. How did your slowing down and turning toward God impact your life?
- Moses and God have an enlightening conversation in these verses. What argument does Moses use to explain why he was not qualified? How does God respond to Moses efforts to avoid his calling?
- Describe a time you felt a deep desire the see God transform your life. Has this desire become reality? Is so How?
- How can we break out of Popeye, “I yam what I yam” thinking?
- Thank God for the ways He has transformed and changed your life.
- Pray for continued experiences where God will move, transform, and shape your life.
- Pray for any other concerns that your group has.
How can we bring the message of Jesus to people during this time?