Worship: Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
- Check In – Did anything happen in your life in response to last weeks challenge?
- Describe a time when you failed to train and discovered that no matter how hard you tried, you could not accomplish your goal. What did you learn from the experience?
- Tell about a time you trained and prepared and how you felt when you were able to accomplish your goal?
- There are certain disciplines needed to train for a triathlon, and a very different set to prepare for a pie eating contest. What are some of the core elements that will help you prepare for spiritual vitality and maturity?
- One definition of spiritual discipline is, “any activity that can help you gain power to live life as Jesus taught and modeled it”. Using that definition, brainstorm some ideas and come up with some examples of how you can apply this.
- Read Psalm 127:1-2
- This verse shows the divine cooperation that is needed for spiritual formation in our lives. What stands out to you in these verses?
- How does rest and sleep effect our spiritual lives?
- What title would you give to the unique season of life you are in now? How can this season become a time of growth and formation is becoming all God wants you to be?
- How can we train to be godly without it becoming legalistic? What is an area that you would need to “train” in on your spiritual journey?
- Take time to pray for those group members who decided to “train” in a specific area and that they would stay committed to these new disciplines.
- Pray that they would experience joy and encouragement as they begin this journey.
- Pray for any other concerns that your group has.
How can we bring the message of Jesus to people during this time?