The Life You’ve Always Wanted: Part 7: Appropriate Smallness: The Practice of Servanthood
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
- Check In – Did anything happen in your life in response to last weeks challenge?
- How do we see that self-focus and selfishness is evident in our society?
- How does comparing with others destroy community and breed pride?
- How does our society encourage pridefulness?
- Why is humility difficult?
- Read: Mark 10:45 and Philippians 2:6-11
- What stands out to you from these scriptures?
- What are some of the acts of service Jesus offered when he walked the earth?
- What was His heart and attitude when it came to serving?
- What keeps us from offering more acts of service?
- In the message on Sunday, four suggestions were given to help us grow in servanthood. Which one is an area that you need to work on? Share how you can work on that area.
- The ministry of the mundane
- The ministry of interruption
- Embracing our weakness and limitations.
- Ministry of “Bearing”
- Is there something you must stop to work more effectively in this area?
- Pray for God to give each members a growing desire to serve in humble secrecy. Pray for the heart of Jesus when it comes to acts of service.
- Pray for any other concerns that your group has.
How can we bring the message of Jesus to people during this time?