Series: Starting Strong – Finishing Well (2 Timothy)
Sermon: Foundations of Faith
Scripture: 2 Timothy 1:3-5
Date: May 23, 2021
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
- Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- Who is or has been a person who was significant on your spiritual journey?
- Read: 2 Timothy 1:-3-5
- Paul starts the letter with the phrase “I thank God”. Why is an attitude of gratitude essential in the spiritual life?
- Paul also establishes that he is a “servant”. Why is this significant? Do we generally act like we are servants of God?
- Paul remembers to pray and, even though there is distance, to be in relationship with Timothy. What can we learn from this?
- Paul mentions the three generations of faith in Timothy’s life. He mentions that it is a living faith. What does living faith look like?
- How can we effectively pass down faith from one generation to the next?
- What is something practical that you need to apply from this lesson?
How can we bring the message of faith to those in pour own family?
Pray for our family members that do not know Christ. Pray for our church. Pray for any other concerns that your group has.