Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
- Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- What is one of the worst pieces of advice you ever received?
- Read Matthew 13: 1-9, 18-23
- Why do we often drift away from God?
- Jesus first describes the seed that has fallen on the path. How have you seen truth snatched away form you?
- Second, Jesus talks about the seed that falls on rocky ground. How do troubles and concerns cause us to fall away?
- Jesus describes the seed that fell among thorns. How do the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word in our life?
- Jesus describes the good soil that sees increase. What does that mean? How will it be evident in our life?
- What are some practical ways to keep negative spiritual drift from happening in our lives?
- What do you need to apply in your life?
How can we share God’s love with those in the church and community?
Pray that we will not drift from God. Pray for our family members and friends that do not know Christ. Pray for any other concerns that your group has.