Elijah – Part 2: Unwavering. Small Group Curriculum
Scripture: 1 Kings 18
Date: Nov. 21, 2021
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
- Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- Is there a famous person (ie. athlete, entertainer, actor, musician, world leader, author, etc.) that you tend to idolize? What about that person do you idolize the most?
- Read 1 Kings 18:17-18
- False gods promise what only the one true God can provide. What false gods do you see being worshipped in the culture around you?
- Christians believe there is one true God, but sometimes we unintentionally serve false gods. What are one or two false gods that continue to resurface in your life?
- Read I Kings 18:19-21
- Why do so many waver in regards to faith in our culture?
- What might help you quit wavering between false gods and the one True God?
- Read 1 Kings 18:22-39
- What stands out to you in this event from Elijah’s life?
- God answered Elijah’s prayer and revealed Himself to Elijah and the people of Israel. How has God revealed Himself to you in the past? In what way is God currently revealing Himself in your life that may be new and different?
- What do you need to apply in your life from this lesson?
How can we use prayer more effectively to bring the message of Jesus to people?
Pray for our community. Pray for one another.
No comments yet.