Sunday: March 27, 2022
Series: No Offense
Sermon: Beautiful Exception
Scripture: Philippians 2:14-15
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- Is there something that makes you cynical in society?
- Why are we often surprised by the brokenness of the world?
- Read Philippians 2:14-15
- Paul describes his generation as “warped and crooked”. Brant Hansen says “Perhaps a big part of being less offendable is seeing the human heart as what it is: Untrustworthy, Unfaithful, Prone to Selfishness…Now we don’t have to be shocked.” What do you think of that statement?
- How was Jesus able to know this and yet see the best and potential in people?
- How can we do everything without grumping and complaining?
- Paul tells us we need to be like children. What can we learn from kids when it comes to seeing and ministering to people?
- How can we shine like stars in the world? How can we live exceptionally?’
- What is one thing you need to apply from this lesson?
How can we show beauty in a world that is broken?
Pray for peace in our world. Pray for unity in our country and church. Pray for any other requests you have.