No Offense: Part 4 – Goodbye Bitterness. Small Group Curriculum
Sunday: Apr. 3, 2022
Series: No Offense
Sermon: Goodbye Bitterness
Scripture: Hebrews 12:14-15, Ephesians 4: 31-32, Luke 6:27-28
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- On a scale of 1–10, how much do you enjoy gardening or yard work?
- Read Hebrews 12:14-15 and Ephesians 4:31-32. Why do you think Scripture compares bitterness to a root?
- All bitterness starts out as a hurt. The next time you feel angry or resentful, what can you do to prevent a seed of bitterness from being planted in your heart?
- Hatred and holiness cannot coexist in the same heart. How could your bitterness be harming those around you? What can you do to let go of that bitterness and extend forgiveness instead?
- Do you have an offense that has unknowingly taken root? How can you begin extending grace?
- Read Luke 6:27-28. What can we do to apply this verse?
- What is one step you can take to apply this lesson this week?
How can bitterness be a detriment to reaching people with the message of Jesus? How can we keep that from happening?
Pray that God would help us with our bitterness. Pray for peace in our world. Pray for unity in our country and church. Pray for any other requests you have.
No comments yet.