Sunday: Apr. 10, 2022
Series: Easter 2022
Sermon: Loose the Colt
Scripture: Luke 19:28-38
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- What do you remember about Easter from when you grew up?
- Read Luke 19:28-38
- The Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem begins what it is traditional known as the “Holy Week” leading up to the cross and Jesus’ resurrection. What stand out to you in this part of the Easter story?
- Pastor John used this passage of scripture as a way of illustrating the need to listen to God’s calling in our lives. The disciples were asked to borrow a colt without asking. Have you ever felt God asking you to do something that seemed to be out of the ordinary?
- Pastor John said that one of the roles of spiritual leaders is to find people. Why is God asking us to keep an eye open to find people?
- The colt that they found was young and unridden. Many people feel that they are not usable by God. How can this passage give us hope? Do you sometimes feel that God can’t use you? How can we overcome this?
- The owners of the colt, let the disciples use the colt? How can we use our resources more effectively for the glory of God?
- What is one thing you need to apply from this lesson?
Who is God calling you to keep an eye on? Is there someone you can invite to the Good Friday Service?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for peace in our world. Pray for unity in our country and church. Pray for any other requests you have.