Message to the Messy Church: Part 1 – Dealing with Division. Small Group Curriculum
Sunday: October 23, 2022
Series: Message to the Messy Church
Sermon: Part 1: Dealing with Division
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 1:10-17
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- Have you ever been involved with or known of a church split? What was the circumstances?
- Read: 1 Corinthians 1:10-17
- Paul appeals to the church that they would agree with one another, that there would be no division, and they would be perfectly united in mind and thought. How do you think the church (local and beyond) is doing in these areas?
- The problem in the church was identified because quarrelling was present. How does quarrelling and grumbling undermine church ministry?
- Paul states the problem in the church is that there were factions forming around following people. How is this problem seen in the modern church?
- In Hebrews 13:17 and 1 Timothy 5:17-18, scripture teaches the significance of Spiritual leadership in the church. Why are spiritual leaders important? How do we keep their importance in the right perspective?
- How do we ensure that our first loyalty is to Jesus?
- What practical thing can you do to help maintain unity in the church?
How does division in the church make evangelism difficult? How can we overcome this?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for any other requests you have.
No comments yet.