Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered.)
- Do you consider yourself to be a “cup half full” or “cup half empty” type of person?
- Do you find you are more or less cynical as you get older? What makes you the most cynical?
- What do you think of this quote: “Of all people on Earth, Christians should be the least cynical. After all, the Gospel gives us the greatest reasons to hope. Because hope is anchored in the resurrection, it is resilient. It can withstand a thousand setbacks. It can outmaneuver ten thousand broken hearts.”
- Read Ephesians 2:4-10. Paul tells us that part of the “But God” experience God is that He makes us into His work of art, created to do good works. How does it feel to be God’s handiwork and that God has good works for you to do?
- Has God ever given you a dream? (Not a sleep dream – but something you felt God was calling you to do). What was it? What happened?
- From memory try and summarize some of the ups and down in the life of Joseph in the Bible (Genesis 37-50). How would you feel if you experienced his life?
- Read Genesis 50:20. What does this verse teach us?
- Pastor John stated that we need to have a “good theology of disappointment and disillusionment and a believe in the active goodness of God.” What does this mean and why is it important?
- What is something you can do to apply this teaching?
How can cynicism prevent the message of Jesus from going out? What can we do to overcome this?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for any other requests you have.