Sunday: April 9, 2023
Series: But God
Sermon: Raised to Life
Speaker: John Inthof
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 15.
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered.)
- What was your favourite Easter treat when you were a kid? Is it different now?
- How would you explain Easter to someone who asked you, “What’s Easter all about anyway?”
- Read 1 Corinthians 15: 1-8
- According to these verses what are the key elements of the gospel?
- Why would they need to be reminded of this?
- Why do you think some people have a problem with the concept of Jesus’ physical resurrection?
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:14-19, According to these verses if Christ did not rise from the dead, what would it mean? What would be some implications of a Christ who died and stayed dead?
- According to 1 Corinthians 15:50-58, what are some specific ways that the resurrection gives us hope?
- Read Philippians 3:8-12. How is the power of the resurrection work in you today?
- Read Colossians 3:1. How should the resurrection impact your thoughts?
- How can we apply 1 Corinthians 15:58? What is something you can do to apply this teaching?
“Jesus's resurrection is the beginning of God's new project not to snatch people away from earth to heaven but to colonize earth with the life of heaven. That, after all, is what the Lord's Prayer is about.” N.T. Wright. How do we do this?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for any other requests you have.