Better Part 4: Better is Patience. Small Group Curriculum
Sunday: May 14, 2023
Sermon: Better is Patience
Speaker: John Inthof
Scripture: Proverbs 16:32, I Thessalonians 5:13-15
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing? (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered.)
- What was the trait that you admired most in your mother?
- Read: Proverbs 16:32 and 1 Thessalonians 5:13-15.
- In what situations do you find yourself the most impatient?
- What do you think are some of the causes of your lack of patience?
- Read Proverbs 15:18, Proverbs 25:15, Psalm 27:14, Romans 8:25, and 2 Peter 3:8-9. These verses explain why patience is better.
- What do we learn about patience form these verses?
- What broken relationships could you heal because of your becoming more patient?
- In what situations do you need to be more patient so that God can have time to work in your life?
- How have you experienced God’s perfect timing?
- In what ways do you think your life would be better if you became more patient?
- What steps can you take towards becoming a more patient person in all areas of life?
- What is something that you need to apply from this lesson?
How does patience apply to bringing the message of Jesus to others? How can we be more patient in our approach?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for any other requests you have.
No comments yet.