Better: Part 5 – Better a Good Name. Small Group Curriculum
Sunday: May 21, 2023
Sermon: Better is a Good Name
Speaker: John Inthof
Scripture: Proverbs 22:1, Ecclesiastes 7:1, Proverbs 3:1-4
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing? (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered.)
- Do you have a nickname (or did you have a childhood nickname)? Share it with the group and explain how you got the nickname?
- Read: Proverbs 22:1, Ecclesiastes 7:1 and Proverbs 3:1-4.
- Why is having a good name or reputation important?
- What do these verses teach us about a good name?
- Do you think others would describe you as having a good name? What are you known for?
- What can you do differently to make your name better?
- Who is someone that has inspired you with their good name? What have you learned from this person about having a good name?
- What type of legacy would you like to leave with your name?
- What things do you need to overcome that are preventing you from having a better name?
- What is something that you need to apply from this lesson?
How can having a good name effect evangelism? How can a bad reputation affect evangelism?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for any other requests you have.
No comments yet.