Jr. Church Discovery Bible Study for Romans 8:37
Theme: In Christ we are More than Conquerors
Everyone share something they are thankful for.
Have everyone share a prayer request. Take some time and pray for these things.
Read Romans 8:37
“In all these things we are more than conquerors through him (Jesus) who loved us.”
Write the individual words of the verse on Sticky Notes, recipe cards, or cut up pieces of paper. Put them on a table in order, take a way one card at a time until you memorize the verse, including the Bible reference.
- If someone asked you “Who are you?” What would you say?
- If you were to describe yourself in one word what word would you use? Pastor John used the word “Easygoing”. What would be yours?
- The Bible says that we are “More than Conquerors” to describe us. It means that in Jesus we are super-victorious or over the top winners. How does that make you feel?
- What does it mean to be victorious in the Christian Life?
- Another word in the bible used to describe being more than a conqueror is an overcomer. Read Revelation 12:11 “And they overcame him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb (Jesus) and by the word of their testimony.” How does Jesus make us an overcomer?
- Have you ever had something bad in your life that Jesus helped you with? How could you use that to help other people?
- What if you stopped thinking of yourself as anything less than who you are in Christ: More than a Conqueror?
Print off and colour the attached colouring page. On the page write or draw some of the good things Jesus has done for you. Talk about them as you do the colouring.
Close in prayer