Jr. Church Discovery Bible Study for Sermon on April 12, 2020
Scripture: John 12:23-26
Theme: The Second Revolution (Jesus's death and resurrection bring new life)
*Note there is a Youtube playlist below the sermon video. They are songs that fit the theme of the message if you want to use it in some way.
Thanks: Everyone share something they are thankful for.
Prayer: Have everyone share a prayer request. Take some time and pray for these things. ( For some great help praying with your kids read this helpful article)
Bible: Read John 12:23-26
“Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be.” John 12:26 For Bible Memorization ideas Click Here
- Do you have a favourite vegetable? Do you like gardening?
- The Bible often uses farming illustrations. Can you think of any stories from the bible that talk about farming?
- In our scripture for today it talks about seeds. How is Jesus’ death and resurrection like a seed?
- Jesus death on the cross allows us to have new life (the many seeds in John 12:24) in Jesus and be his followers. What does it mean to follow Jesus? How do we become followers of Jesus?
- In Luke 9:23 it says, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.” What are some practical ways that we can follow him daily?
- What is something you can do this week to apply this lesson?
Prayer: Close in prayer
Extra Exercise: If you have some soil, seeds and Styrofoam cups you could plant some seeds and see the new life that grows from a little seed.