Jr. Church Discovery Bible Study For Sermon on April 19, 2020 Scripture: Proverbs 3:5-6
*Note there is a Youtube playlist they are songs that fit the theme of the message if you want to use it in some way.
Thanks: Everyone share something they are thankful for.
Prayer: Have everyone share a prayer request. Take some time and pray for these things.
Bible: Read Proverbs 3:5-6
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” (You can use one of the methods suggested here to help with memorization,)
- What is your favourite day of the year? Why?
- What was important about Good Friday (the day Jesus died)? What was important about Easter Sunday? The Bible does not record that much happened on the day between those two days. On those kinds of days, we have to learn to trust God.
- What does it mean to trust God? How can we trust God with all our hearts?
- Is it easy to trust God when you are having a bad day?
- The Bible says we must, “lean not on our own understanding?” What does that mean?
- The promise of this verse is that if we put God first in our lives, he will guide us.
- What can you, practically, do to put God first in your life?
Prayer: Close in prayer