Jr. Church Discovery Bible Study
For Sermon on April 26, 2020
Scripture: Matthew 22:36-40
Theme: Revolution of Humanity
*Note there is a Youtube playlist below the sermon video. They are songs that fit the theme of the message if you want to use it in some way.
Thanks: Everyone share something they are thankful for.
Prayer: Have everyone share a prayer request. Take some time and pray for these things.
Bible: Read Matthew 22:36-40 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Memorize: Matthew 22:39 ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ For some ideas to help memorize verses. Click here.
- Do you have a favourite neighbour? Who was it and why did you like them?
- Jesus tells us that the greatest thing we can do is love God. What does it mean to you to love God with your heart and soul? How do we love God with our minds?
- Jesus tells us to love of our neighbour. Jesus teaches us that everyone is our neighbour. Read about some neighbours from around the world at Compassion of Canada website.
- How do we love our neighbours? How do we be nice and love people that we do not like?
- In James 1:27 it tells us two special neighbours that need help: “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” How can we help widows and orphans here and around the world?
- What is one thing that you can do to apply this lesson?
Prayer: Close in prayer