Worship: Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions you can use one from the YouTube Worship Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
- We have all had the experience of relating to cranky, complaining, Hank-like people in our lives. Without using a name how have they impacted by a “Hank” in your life?
- What are some of the possible consequences if we expect people in the church to follow a list of rules and regulations but fail to call them to a life that is becoming progressively more and more like Jesus?
Read Matthew 23:1-28
- Jesus tells us a great deal about the teachers of the law and the Pharisees. What were some of their boundary markers (external signs)? How did Jesus feel about their approach to faith? What are some examples of how these boundary markers exist today?
- Sometimes our spiritual tanks are full to overflowing. At other times we feel spiritually depleted as if we are running on fumes. How full is your tank and what has brought you to this point?
- What fills your tank and gives you fuel for authentic spiritual growth? What causes your tank to empty? What can you do in the coming week to make sure your tank is being filled for authentic Christian living? How can you be accountable in this growth area?
- Imagine if someone were to ask you, “How is your spiritual life?” What would you use to measure and determine the condition of your spiritual life? What are healthy and Christ-honouring measures of our spiritual health?
- Take time to pray for those group members who feels spiritually depleted and whose tanks are running low. Pray for a fresh filling of the presence of God and for renewed and authentic faith.
- Pray for continued experiences where God will move, change, transform, and shape your life.
- Pray for any other concerns that your group has.
How can we bring the message of Jesus to people during this time?