Series: Christmas 2021
Sermon: The Glorious Impossible
Scripture: Matthew 1:18 – 2:2
Date: December 12, 2021
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
• Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
• What was a Christmas Tradition in your family?
• Read Matthew 1:18 – 2:2
• Do you know what your name means? Do you know why you were given your name?
• Joseph was told that he would name their son Jesus. Why was this significant?
• They were also told that he would be named Immanuel, meaning “God with Us”. Why is that important generally and specifically to you?
• The Magi were looking for the one born “King of the Jews”. His kingship didn’t look like any other earthly king, how has it different? What does that mean to us?
• What stands out from this passage of scripture to you and what do you need to practically apply from it?
What can you do this Christmas to bring the message of Jesus to others?
Pray for family members who don’t know Jesus. Pray for any concerns that you have.