Sunday: February 20, 2022
Sermon: Keeping Your Soul Sane
Scripture: Psalm 23
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- The scripture for today’s lesson is probably one of the favourite Psalms. Do you have a favourite verse in the Bible? What is it and why is it important?
- Read Psalm 23
- What does it mean that the “Lord is my shepherd”? How does it feel to be compared to a sheep?
- We live in a very consumerism-oriented society, what does it truly mean to “not want” of “lack nothing”?
- What stands out to you in verses 2-3, “He makes me lie down in green pastures,
- he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.”?
- Have you ever felt like you were, “walking through the valley of the shadow of death”? What were the circumstances? Did you experience God’s presence during It?
- The Psalmist talks about the Shepherds rod and staff. God disciplines those he loves. How do we view trouble and hardship?
- What stands out to you in verses 5-6, “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”
- What did you need to hear and apply to your life from this scripture?
Pray for those that you want to see come to faith in Jesus Christ?
Pray for unity in our country and church. Pray for any other requests you have.