Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- What was something immature that you did when you were a teenager?
- Read Ephesians 4:13
- One of God’s purposes is for us to all move toward maturity. What are some essential characteristics or skills for Christian maturity?
- Read 1 Samuel 30:6. In this passage of scripture David has gone through very difficult circumstances and it says that “He encouraged himself in the Lord (KJV) or “Found his strength in the Lord” (NIV). Why is this essential to maturity?
- Pastor John suggested several ways that we can develop in this area.
- Review your victories
- Remember your calling.
- Renew your spirit
- Rest in His promises
- Which of these has been helpful to you? Which of these areas do you need to grow in?
Why is it important that we learn “to encourage ourselves in the Lord” when it comes to bringing the message of Jesus to people? With things starting to open up a bit more what can we do to reach out to people?
Pray for peace in our world. Pray for unity in our country and church. Pray for any other requests you have. Pray that we will learn to “Encourage ourselves in the Lord”.