Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- What is something that you find annoying and makes you angry?
- Do you think people are easily offended in our society? Why do you think that is?
- Read James 1:19-20
- How can we be slow to speak? Quick to listen? Slow to become anger?
- What does it mean in verse 20, “human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.”?
- Read Ephesians 4:25-32 and Colossians 3:8
- Paul gives allowances for anger, but what warning does he give along with it?
- Do we sometimes try to harbor anger in our lives?
- What can we do to rid ourselves of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice?
- How can we be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you?
- What steps do you need to take to be unoffendable?
How can being offended hinder the message of Jesus going out? What can we do to remove it as a hinderance?
Pray for peace in our world. Pray for unity in our country and church. Pray for any other requests you have. Pray that we will learn to be unoffendable.