Sunday: Apr. 17, 2022
Series: Easter 2022
Sermon: The Road to Emmaus
Scripture: Luke 24:13-35
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- Do you have a favourite Easter treat that you enjoy?
- Read Luke 25:13-35
- This Bible Story is about two individuals who are leaving Jerusalem after Jesus’ death. They are discouraged and defeated. Have you ever had an experience which discouraged you and made you feel like giving up?
- God has the power to instantly do things in our lives, but often he allows us to go through a process. Why do you think God does that?
- Pastor John mentioned that often we put our hope in the way things were in the past. How can this be a problem?
- Pastor John also mentioned that sometimes we can also be fair weather followers. How does that interfere with truly following Jesus?
- The miracle and “moment of truth” happened when they invited Jesus into their home. What can we learn from this? Why do you think Jesus just disappeared?
- Is there anything else that stands out to you in this passage of scripture?
- What is one thing you need to apply from this lesson?
How does Jesus’ resurrection empower us to bring his message to the world? Is there something that you or your group can do to bring His message to the world?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for peace in our world. Pray for unity in our country and church. Pray for any other requests you have.