Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- What was your favorite TV show or movie as a kid?
- Did you have any anxiety when you were a kid? If so, what about?
- Read: 1 Peter 5:7 and Philippians 4:6-7
- 1 Peter 5:7 tells us that we can “cast” our anxieties on the Lord. What does that mean to you? What image comes to mind?
- This verse gives the reason we can do this, “He cares for us”. Are you always confident in this? Why or why not?
- Philippians 4:6-7 tells us to be anxious for nothing. On a scale of 0-10 (0 meaning you have no anxiety and 10 meaning you are really anxious) how anxious are you?
- How does prayer help us in this process? How does thankfulness?
- The Bible says that we can have peace that transcends understanding. What does that mean?
- How does peace guard our hearts and minds?
- What practical thing do you need to do to apply these verses.
How does anxiety affect us regarding telling others about Jesus? Pray for family members that don’t know Jesus.
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for peace in our world. Pray for unity in our country and church. Pray for any other requests you have.