Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- If you were to have the opportunity to go back in time and change one thing in regards to raising your children spiritually, what would you do differently?
- Read: Deuteronomy 6:4-9
- What are the key principles that you see in this passage of scripture?
- Read Psalm 127
- How do we let the Lord build our house?
- How can we let the Lord watch over the city?
- We are one of the most stressed, anxious, and burnt-out societies to exist? What does the scripture tell us is the reason this happens? How can we find rest?
- Why does God think children are so important?
- Psalm 127 compares parenting to archery. Do you feel like a mighty warrior in your role as a parent or grandparent? What would it take for you to feel that way?
- Dr. David Anderson says, “While it’s good that we all desire our teenagers to have a stronger faith, the reality is that we see in our teenager’s faith, simply a mirror image of our faith.” What do you think of this quote?
- What can we do to model faith for the younger generation? How can help build faith at home?
As the fall begins what can we do to reach others with the message of Christ?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for any other requests you have.