Living on Target: Part 4 – Death by Distraction. Small group Curriculum
Sunday: October 2, 2022
Series: Living on Target
Sermon: Death by Distraction
Scripture: Matthew 13:1-9, Matthew 13:18-23
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- Have you ever had an accident or a close call because of distracted driving? What were the circumstances?
- Read: Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23
- Jesus talks about three areas where we can get distracted. The first is things that snatch away our time. Pastor John mentioned social media, leisure activities, television, and fashion. What are other things that snatch our time? How does these “snatchers” effect our spirituality?
- The second was things that scorch God’s work in our life. Pastor John mentioned that we can be “Busy but barren”. How can busyness have a negative effect on our spiritual life?
- Without roots in our spiritual life, we are untethered from God’s principles and priorities. How can we be more rooted?
- The third distraction was things that choke us. How can the “worries of this life” choke us? How can the “deceitfulness of money” choke us?
- How does focus help us to flourish?
- Pastor John suggested three things to help us not be distracted which do you need to work on? 1. Pay attention to what you are paying attention to. 2. Create Boundaries and Constraints. 3. Set your mind on things above.
How can we keep from being distracted in reaching people with the message of Jesus?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for any other requests you have.
No comments yet.