Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- The church is often accused of being overly judgemental. What are some of the areas that the church becomes judgemental in?
- Read: 1 Corinthians 4:1-13
- How does Paul identify himself? Why is a proper understanding of our identity important?
- What is Paul trying to teach when he says, “Do not go beyond what is written”?
- In a rather sarcastic tone, Paul speaks to the prideful attitude of the Corinthians (v.8). Paul combats it by talking about his sufferings and struggles (v 9-13). How do we in Canada sometimes get focused on the wrong things when it comes to spirituality?
- How does pride lead to judging?
- Why is judging people a problem? What does Jesus teach on this subject in Matthew 7:3-5?
- How do we often choose to be “Well off” instead of living to hear God’s “Well Done”?
- Is there anything else that stands out to you from this passage of scripture?
- What do you need to apply from this lesson?
How does pride and judgement effect our presentation of the gospel to people? How can we remove this obstacle?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for any other requests you have.