Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered.)
- Would you consider yourself to be an organized person?
- Read 1 Corinthians 14:33–40, focusing on verses 33 and 40. In the context of church life, why does it matter that God isn’t a God of confusion?
- How do we see God’s order displayed around us?
- Pastor John warned that ordered faith has the potential to become robotic religious behaviour, that is rule oriented and can limit relationships and replace real faith. What did he mean by that? How can we protect from that happening?
- Read Psalm 37:23-24
- What does a life that is “ordered by the Lord” look like?
- Are there areas of your life that are cluttered and disorganized that are being a spiritual hinderance? (eg: your finances, paperwork, work areas, closet, kitchen, car, desk, email, etc.) What would be a next step you could take?
- Pastor John mentioned taking the 15-minute challenge. (If you already have a consistent devotional time this may not be necessary.) Spend five minutes reading your Bible. Spend five minutes in prayer and spend five minutes planning out your day. How can taking this time help bring order to your day?
- What are some practical suggestions that you do to help bring order into your life?
- What do you need to apply from this lesson?
How can a lack of order in our lives effect our presentation of the gospel?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for any other requests you have.