Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered.)
- Are you a fast or slow walker?
- Read Haggai 2:1-9
- These verses talk about the rebuilding of the temple after the Babylonian captivity. Why was there the potential that the people could be discouraged?
- God encourages them to “be strong”. How can we be strong?
- God also encourages them to “not be afraid”. How can we keep ourselves from fear?
- Why would it be important to keep working?
- Why should the guarantee of his presence (“I am with you”) give us confidence? Have you ever had a time when you sensed God’s presence during difficulty? What were the circumstances?
- Read Philippians 3:14 and Hebrews 12:1. Why is perseverance and “pressing on” important?
- Robert Morgan says “I’m convinced we’re too enamored of the dramatically big when most of life is blessedly small. Sometimes we mistakenly equate smallness with insignificance, but that’s an indictment against God’s wisdom in planning our ways.” What do you think of this statement?
- What happens on the spiritual journey when we are daily faithful in the small things?
- How can God’s perpetual presence assist with this?
- What do you need to practically apply from this lesson?
What small things can we do this week to show people Jesus?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for any other requests you have.