For the Week of March 14, 2021
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
- Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- Have you ever had a second family (a family that was not your own, but they treated you like family)?
- Read John 19:23-27
- How do you think Mary (Jesus’ mother) would have felt being at the cross?
- How do you think John felt, being the only disciple there?
- Have you ever had someone “stand by” you are you went through something difficult?
- Leonard Sweet in his book “Nudge” says, “Sometimes it’s less about our witness than our withness. In fact, our best witness is our withness. To be a witness you have to have withness.” Why is “withness” important?
- Jesus cares for his mother by placing her into a new family. God does the same thing when we step into a faith relationship with Christ, we become a part of the family/community of God. What are some of the blessings of being in the family of God? How can it sometimes be difficult?
- What is one thing you can apply to your life from this lesson?
How can we practice “withness” as a witness during this time?
Pray for any other concerns that your group has.