Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- Who has been the best model of love in your life? What was it about them that made them so loving?
- Is it difficult to be loving towards people in our present day and age?
- Read 1 Corinthians 13:1-8, 14:1
- According to verses 1-3, what kind of spiritual life amounts to nothing?
- How do these verses make you feel?
- Read verses 4-8 again. List the ways that love is evidenced.
- Pastor John suggested “inserting your name” in this passage. As you do are there any areas that come to the surface as an area where you need growth?
- What areas need some work? What are a couple practical steps you can do to overcome it? (Example: If I need to learn to me more patient, how can I do that?)
- In 1 Corinthians 14:1 Paul tells us that we are to “Make Love our aim” or “Follow the way of Love”. How can we do this in our homes, schools, church, and activities?
- What is one thing you need to apply from this lesson?
How does love help us be more effectual in bringing the message of Jesus to people?
Pray that we would be loving individuals and a loving local church. Pray for any other requests you have.