If You Want to Walk on Water: Part 5 – That Sinking Feeling. Small Group Curriculum
Sunday: June 19, 2022
Series: If You Want to Walk on Water
Sermon: That Sinking Feeling
Scripture: Matthew 14: 22-36, Hebrews 12:1
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- Are you afraid of any bug or animal?
- Read: Matthew 14:22-36
- What can we learn from Jesus’ response to Peter as he sank into the water?
- On a “Fear management Scale” of 1-10 where would you rate yourself between 1 (“I’m often paralyzed by fear”) and 10 (“I almost never let fear stop me.”)?
- Pastor John mentioned some costs of fear in our spiritual lives: low self esteem, loss of joy, loss of availability to God and a loss of intimacy. Have you ever noticed any of these in your life?
- What are some practical steps that people can take to overcome fear?
- How does failure effect you? Do you find it effects you less or more as you get older?
- How can God use failure to help us grow?
- Read Hebrews 12:1. How do we “run the race with perseverance”?
- What is something that you should apply from this message?
Have fear and failure affected how you bring the message of Jesus to people? What can we do to overcome that?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for any other requests you have.
No comments yet.