Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered)?
- What is one of the hardest things you have ever gone through?
- Read: James 1: 2-12
- How can we reframe our trials to consider them joy?
- Why is perseverance important to develop on the spiritual journey? How do we let perseverance finish its work?
- James states that when we pray for wisdom, it is a prayer that God always answers. Why is this important? What is the condition attached to this promise? Have you ever experienced God’s wisdom in your own life?
- Andy Stanley mentioned his friend’s commitment list to finish strong.
- I will walk with Jesus everyday.
- I will be grateful and live every day to the fullest?
- I will bless my family with words, pictures, and videos.
- I will invest in “my guys” for their good and God’s glory, not mine.
- I will never give up and run out the clock.
- I will let people love on me.
- What stands out to you from this list and why?
- What do you need to apply from this lesson?
How has trials and tough times effected your presentation of the gospel to others? Has it effected it positively or negatively?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for any other requests you have.