Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered.)
- What would be one word that you would use to describe your sleep habits over your life? Has it changed over the years?
- Read Mark 6:31
- What do you think we can learn from Jesus’ request to His disciples to get rest?
- Pastor John gave 10 signs that we might be too busy. They were being irritable, hypersensitive, restlessness, disconnecting from identity and calling, compulsive overwork, hoarding energy, emotional numbness, not attending to basic needs, escapist behaviour, and slippage in Spiritual habits and practices. Have you had any of these signs appear in your life? How did it effect you?
- Read Psalm 127:2
- This scripture condemns the idea of “burning your candle at both ends”. Why do we often do this?
- What steps can you take to ensure that you rest (both physically and emotionally)?
- Read Exodus 20:8-11
- From creation God established the idea of a day of rest, this thought is reiterated in the ten commandments. Why is it hard to establish this principle in our culture? How do we implement this in our lives?
- What do you need to apply from this lesson?
How can a lack of rest in our lives effect our presentation of the gospel? Do you think the fact that Jesus wants to bring rest to our souls, could be an appealing part of the message of Christ?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for any other requests you have.