Palm Sunday – 2023: Small Group Curriculum
Sunday: April 2, 2023
Series: Palm Sunday
Sermon: Placing Christ on the Throne of Your Life
Speaker: Patricia Attwood
Scripture: Luke 19: 28-44
Listen to a Worship song (If you need suggestions, you can use one from the YouTube Playlist for this week) or express something that you are thankful to God for.
Check In – How is everyone doing (good things, teaching applied, lessons learned, prayers answered.)
- What is the closest you have been to a celebrity?
- Did you grow up celebrating Palm Sunday? If so, what memories do you have of those worship celebrations?
- Read Luke 19:28-44.
- This part of the Bible is often called the Triumphal Entry. The colt, the branches and the words of the crowd all point to the Kingship of Christ. Why is this significant?
- Why were the Pharisee’s upset at what was happening? (v.39)
- Patricia talked about cluttering up the throne in our life. What do we clutter the throne of our lives with?
- What do you think of Jesus’ response in vv. 41-44 when he sees Jerusalem?
- How can you prepare yourself for Good Friday and Easter Sunday so you will be more receptive and open to God’s voice?
- What is something you can do to apply this teaching?
How can you bring the message of Jesus to others this Easter?
Pray that God will help you apply this lesson. Pray for any other requests you have.
No comments yet.