Note there is a Youtube playlist of songs that fit the theme of the message if you want to use it in some way.
Thanks: Everyone share something they are thankful for.
Prayer: Have everyone share a prayer request. Take some time and pray for these things.
Bible: Read Matthew 20:26-28
“Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant.” Matthew 20:26 (For creative ideas for bible memorization click here)
- Who is the greatest person you know? Why are they great?
- What chore or job do you think is the worst around the house?
- Jesus lived in a place where they wore sandals and it was dusty. One of the worst jobs that they had was washing people’s dirty feet. How would you like that job?
- In John 13, Jesus washed his disciples feet. He told them, “I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.” (v. 15-17) What do you think Jesus was trying to teach his disciples?
- What does “great” look like according to Jesus?
- How can we serve other people at home, at school, and in our community?
- What's one thing you can do?
Prayer: Close in prayer