Discovery Bible Study – Dark Horses: Moses (Dealing with Excuses)
Scripture: Exodus 3-4
Theme: God doesn’t call the equipped, He equips the called.
*Note there is a YouTube playlist they are songs that fit the theme of the message if you want to use it in some way.
* NOTE TO PARENTS: The lesson today covers a large portion of scripture. You may want to read it over before and be prepared to pull out some of Moses excuses,
Worship: Listen and Dance to Jesus is My Superhero by Hillsong Kids
Thanks: Everyone share something they are thankful for.
Prayer: Have everyone share a prayer request. Take some time and pray for these things.
Memorize (Use one of the methods in this article to make memorizing more fun.)
“Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.” Exodus 4:12
- What is a job around the house that you don’t like doing?
- Have you ever made up and excuse to not do something?
- Moses was full of excuses (Exodus 3-4) for why he shouldn’t go back to Egypt to do what God was calling him to do. What are some common excuses we use when we’re challenged by God to “Go”?
- What area is God calling you to serve?
- What will God do to help you?
- What is one thing you can apply from this lesson?
Prayer: Close in prayer